Monday 11 July 2011

Film Posters


I am always disappointed with the lack of creativity, imagination and graphic quality of film posters today. Some of my favourite offerings are from the 1950s and 1960s, Saul Bass' masterpiece for Hitchcock's Vertigo (1958) is most certainly in my top 10! So I was both surprised and delighted when I discovered these gems for two upcoming films I am extremely excited about. Unfortunately this Almodovar's The Skin I Live In (2011) poster is for the Spanish release and so we Brits will not get to enjoy its sheer beauty but hey here it is for you to enjoy! As for Tyrannosaur (2011), well, what can I say, utterly gorgeous and it makes me even more excited about Paddy Considine's debut.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lockdown film recommendation: Dumbo (1941) U

Many of you are probably familiar with the Dumbo story, especially  due to the 2019 release of Tim Burton’s CGI laden remake.  Consider...